Thursday, December 30, 2010

LILYPADS and TH@ - Two new tangles

LILYPADS may have been inspired by various photos I took in China of flowers in ponds. It does have a slightly Oriental look. Hmm... also thoughts of summer in this wintry Canadian almost-January :-)
Under-lapping some of the leaves gives it more dimensionality. This could be shaded where all the lines converge, or on the under-lapping, or at the edge of the tangle.


Here are a couple of tiles using this tangle:

Lilypads, Th@, Barnacle, Coaster, Crescent Moon, Gingham, Keeko, Lotus Pods, Munchin, Snookums

Oh yes, the tangle TH@ (pronounce it 'that'). I don't even know if I should take credit for a tangle pattern. Check out th@ second tile above. See the parallel bars going from top left to bottom right, interspersed with white bars with beads on threads? Check out th@ tangle.

It's a whole bunch of @ signs at various angles!!! Hahaha! This is yet another brilliant idea that popped into my head one morning when I wasn't quite awake. How 'bout th@?!

14 comments:

  1. Love your lily pads! It's amazing you can even think of them in this cold weather, they do bring warm thoughts of a lazy summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely trying out this one tomorrow (it's after 2AM and I'm off to bed). I wonder if there's a fishy tangle out there. I'm rather tempted to try out a Koi Pond inspired ZIA [smiles]. Thanks for sharing this great new tangle, Margaret!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very appealing lilypads !lovely pattern! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really quite lovely and just what the doctor ordered for a Canadian January!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Margaret for your tutorial; your lilypads are beautiful and inspired me to upload my first tangle too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carole's lilypads on her blog have brought me here.
    I just love what you do and will be trying for myself.
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your tutorial on the lily pads. I am a beginner so all assistance is appreciated :) I too arrived here via Carole blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun blog and wonderful tutorials. Thank you :)
    Greetings,
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the lilypads, but you TH@ made me laugh out loud with delight ! Lovely to see that we tanglers don't take ourselves too seriously, wish I had thought of it !!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always loved to doodle, ever since I was a kid, but this technique is so much more mature. I am not an artist by nature, but this allows me the freedom to feel like one. It also has allowed me the joy of being able to experience Art Journaling, which I wouldn't otherwise be able to due to my artistic challenges. I am happy to have found your blog. Consider me a new follower. Thanks so much for sharing with the masses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for offering your tangles to us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Th@t brought a big smile (and a little giggle)! Thanks for the pattern steps and for your wonderful blog. I have been a follower for awhile and always find something interesting and enjoyable here. Well done, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete