Thursday, September 15, 2016

Tripoli

I love the tangle Tripoli. I think it's because this tangle is almost more of a way to set up a triangle grid rather than a strict pattern per se. Within the grid you can fill the triangles with all manner of different things for totally different looks.

Here is some of my play with Tripoli.

For the first tile I used Zentangle's basic 'triangle' string. (It's sideways now.)

I had a tile with an 'R' string so I used that next. (It's upside down now.)

Then I pulled out a bookmark-in-waiting with some old art on it. Nice colors, and the original art had a bit of a square grid so that was a little challenge.

As always, thanks Laura the Diva CZT!

18 comments:

  1. I love the designs and colors of the bookmark best! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful Margaret, in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh la la a tripoli fiesta! Love your spacing between the triangles Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly. That's an interesting comment. I hadn't really thought about the spacing!

      Delete
  4. The bookmark is just beautiful, I love those variations and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that bookmark is very cool. I love the colors, and all those triangles! loverly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love that bookmark best. Wonderful uses of Tripoli, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Margaret. Great examples. Love the bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous tiles! The Tripoli bookmark is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of them! Yes that bookmark is outstanding;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Technically then you are using a triangle shaped "reticula" with different "fragments" in each triangle. Wouldn't you say? Just to try to access some of Maria and Rick's new viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'd say that. Tripoli is a triangle reticula (to me), normally filled with the same thing in each triangle.

      Delete
  11. All three are quite different and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I 'specially love the section in the second tile on the right side that looks so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been awhile since I last visited, am loving all the new zens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always struggled with Tripoli, somehow when I try to place them together, always in a circular fashion, I lose the plot! I've never thought of them as a "triangular grid", but now it makes sense! Love your work as always, so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. Sometimes it just takes a new way of looking at something.

      Delete